Monday 10 January 2011

What an awful blogger!

As the title says, it is indeed true. I am an awful blogger, who forgot to take her camera to the next market that we did, back at Shire Hall on the 18th September. Nevertheless, through the wonders of Sparrow's camera and the joys of Facebook, I can bring some photos - huzzah and hoorah!


Around this time there were a lot of big changes and big bits of paperwork I was going through for Mr Nightingale and I's purchase of our first home. It was very exciting, and still is, but....*whispers* also a bit scary! I don't mind admitting that to you chums, even if I did stage whisper. As scary as it is, as grown up and responsible, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world, I'm so happy and so filled with ideas that I feel I could burst! There has been a lot to think about recently and even if times are hard, life is short, and can be so fragile, even when you feel invincible, so as long you know that you always have people who love and support you, you'll get through it. (I must admit that I just found this in an old draft blog I wrote in June, so it comes a bit out of nowhere, however, I think the sentiment, though mawkish is rather nice. So in it goes.)

I am also an awful blogger as I rather shamefully can't remember much of this market. I think that perhaps I arrived late and left early, though with good reason as it was the lovely Kerry and Warren's wedding day (if you remember our very first market, Kerry took lots of great photos for us, and has always been a fantastic friend and supporter of Sparrow and Nightingale) - big hugs and kisses from Sparrow and Nightingale to you both!


Anyhoo, as I said, can't remember much, I'm sure that we had a blast! The market at Shire Hall is always really fun, and truly is the home turf - it means a lot that we get to sell our stuff alongside such talented people who have become great friends of ours over the months.


We had a few new additions, in different fabrics, but by this time I think we were well in the Christmas items mode - working in retail and putting out all the Christmas stock so early on always makes you start panicking way too early. Especially when you have to make the stock yourself before you get to sell it! As at all of our markets, we use them as an opportunity to not just chit chat and enjoy our day, we do other work too you know. We make little bits and bobs, I enjoy sewing more corsages and Sparrow often likes to do a little sewing too, keep ourselves out of trouble! We mostly sit with a notebook and doodle away. The thing about markets and the buzz of people is that they create an amazing atmosphere that is so inspiring; to be surrounded by so many creative people who share your vintage handmade dreams, for people to like your work as much as you do, just makes you full of energy, excitement and ideas (or at least encourages the ideas to pour out of you).



Nightingale
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment