Sunday 11 April 2010

Show and Tell

Greetings dear reader!

How are you? Hope you are well!

Dear me, April is shaping up to be a very busy month in the Nightingale household, so much going on. Every week I think I'm not doing anything, then all of a sudden *boom*, I have plans every night! Its all exciting though, I think its down to the summery weather, I always seem to have so much more energy in the sunshine. Its a glorious day today and it feels like spring has finally sprung and summer is on its way....of course, now that I've said that I'll have jinxed it, so enjoy it while you can!



At the end of March myself and Mr Nightingale went on a little holiday, we flew the nest and hopped from branch to branch in Germany's tree (or, we went interrailing through Germany). We had a fantastic time, and train is a great way to travel; you see more, get a chance to experience more of the country and its more environmentally friendly than flying! Add to that the trains in Europe are so much better than our transport in the UK and its definitely a trip I'd recommend.

Anyhoo, distracted from the point there, which was that while in Berlin we found some gems! (not actual gems I hasten to add, though mores the pity). A gorgeous fabric and haberdashery shop called Frau Tulpe where I treated myself to some lovely new fabric (the first and second pictures). Among all the funky fabrics there it was a tough decision, but I think I chose well in the end!

The next two pictures are of some paper I bought from Twinkle Twinkle, a little homewares/fabric/everything in lush patterns shop! This place was a little treasure trove and had I a house or the money I'm sure I'd have spent a fortune! As it was I bought the papers (which are also light and easy to carry, added bonuses on the last day of walking around carrying a rucksack). The first, red paper was such a vivid print that I couldn't let it go once I spotted it and the second, had a handmade paper feel, from the parchment/ scroll -esque paper, to the patches of pattern that some times mismatched all of which endeared it to me!


















Here endeth the 'look what I did on my holiday' show and tell. I've just started using all of these and I'm really excited to see how they look - here is hoping they look good, bit of a journey to get them changed if I'm not happy (not that I would do that anyway - I'd keep all of it and just buy more)!


Love

Nightingale
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment